1927 Followers
katiebabs

Katiebabs Library of Books

Review: Rock Courtship

Rock Courtship: A Rock Kiss Novella - Nalini Singh

Rock Courtship (Rock Kiss #1.5) by Nalini Singh is sexy cute. David, “the drummer for the hottest rock band on the planet” is a total sweetheart, known as the Gentleman of Rock because he’s so levelheaded and doesn’t get into trouble. But he has it bad for Thea, his bands’ publicist. Thea tries to keep it professional between her and David because she’s still scarred from her cheating ex-fiancé and she doesn’t believe a rock star like David can stay faithful or remain interested in her.

Thea’s sister Molly (heroine from Rock Addiction) gives David some great advice. She tells David to write a memo to Thea why she should date him. He sends the memo via Thea’s email while she is on vacation visiting her mother. The memo idea works incredibly well, and soon David has broken down Thea’s defenses. They write memos back and forth to one another during the week Thea is on vacation. David has a way with words, because in one naughty scene, Thea orgasms just by reading a sexually explicit memo from David. He weakens her resolve in a very unorthodox type of courtship. Then when she comes back, she gives in and lets David seduce her. These two steam up the sheets and more.

The love scenes are pretty much what you would expect to find in a contemporary romance, unlike Rock Addiction that was very heavy on the sex and passion. There’s passion shared between Thea and David, but there is also friendship.

There was some unneeded drama toward the end, but overall, I really enjoyed David and Thea. The ending is adorable. Where can I get my own David, the Gentleman of Rock?

Now bring me Charlotte and T-Rex, Nalini!