1901 Followers
katiebabs

Katiebabs Library of Books

Nothing Has Changed (regarding The Guardian and HarperCollins)

Reblogged from TezMillerOz:

At first I was all for the proposed Ethical Author code of conduct. Until I took time to think and speak to others, and realised that the code is so vague, and how is it enforceable?

Which reminded me that the Guardian violated their own Editorial Code of Conduct (by publishing THAT article), and sending letters to The Guardian has resulted in...well, nothing.

So is there a higher-up we can send letters to (regarding the KH article)? Any newspaper industry regulatory group?

And still no word from HarperCollins. Meanwhile, the paperback edition of KH's novel is still scheduled for 2015 (it's listed on the HC website).

For the most part, I'd gone days without thinking of #HaleNo, until the RT Reviewers' Choice nominees were listed. But RT addressed the nomination with dignity.

Maybe it's all these books I read about dystopias, wherein teenagers eventually save the world, or society... But in real life, we're doing everything we can peacefully, but nothing's changed :-(

Are there any industry events coming up soon? BEA, or anything else with panels where audience members can ask questions directly to a panellist representing HC? We've made as much noise on the Internet as we can, so I guess it makes sense that the next step is to do something in-person. But due to location and whatnot, very few people will be able to ask questions in-person.

I'm feeling a bit futile today. *shrugs*

In the meantime:

http://clairesrousseau.tumblr.com/post/100660951178/how-to-complain-to-the-guardian-about-the-hale-article - via Claire Rousseau: "How to Complain to The Guardian About the Hale Article"