1951 Followers
katiebabs

Katiebabs Library of Books

Announcing the 2015 Lesbian Fiction Appreciation Event! (#LFAE2015)

LFAE 2015

January is one of my favorite months in blogging because it's the annual Lesbian Fiction Appreciation Event (#LFAE) here on Babblings! Started in 2012, the LFAE helps promote all types of Lesbian literature and the authors who write and publish it. As an author writing Lesbian Romance, I'm always looking for ways to promote the Lesbian genre. Many times when LGBTQ is mentioned, only Gay Fiction/Romance (M/M) is highlighted, and Lesbian Fiction/Romance (F/F) is pushed to the side. The M/M genre is becoming more mainstream in publishing, specifically being published in digital lines for some big name traditional publishers. With the continual growth in epublishing overall, and some epublishers publishing Gay Fiction/Romance exclusively, promoting and highlighting Lesbian Fiction and their authors is more important than ever.

this-time-now-cover

Again there 's this fallacy that Lesbian Fiction/Romance doesn't sell well. I'll let you in on a little secret. At the then of September I self-published a Lesbian New Adult novella titled, This Time Now. This Time Now was rejected by two epublishers, so I went ahead and self-published it. In October, This Time Now gave me my best sales in almost 2 years, and continues to sell. Based on this sales movement, you bet I'm going to write more Lesbian Fiction. I will never stop writing Lesbian Fiction or Lesbian Romance because since 2010, Lesbian Romance has netted me thousands of dollars in sales.

This year's Lesbian Fiction Appreciation Event starts on Sunday, 1/11/15 and ends Saturday, 1/31/15 (3 weeks in total). Here is the list of those participating in this year's event:

Anastasia Vitsky

Patty G. Henderson

Kate Richards

Less Than Three Press

Danika from the Lesbrary

I still have spots available for anyone wants to participate in this event. If so, email me at katiebabsg at gmail dot com. Want to revisit past LFAEs? Click on each picture:

18113899_zpse84dd762

16238084_zps1011f8cb

LFAE 2014 logo

Source: http://kbgbabbles.com/2014/12/announcing-the-2015-lesbian-fiction-appreciation-event-lfae2015.html