katiebabs

Katiebabs Library of Books

Exclusive excerpt from The New Year's Fantasy by KT Grant (Coming 1/5/15)

Reblogged from KT Grant: Redheaded Author of Sexy:

It all starts with a dance for Doug and Jessica...

He kissed her knuckles and tugged her to her feet. She stared at him in charming confusion. “I haven’t danced once tonight. Would you dance with me?”

“Are you asking because you feel bad for me?” She stepped back.

He set his hands on her waist to keep her locked in place. “Lady, you think I feel bad for you? Hell, I wanted to get you out on the dance floor the moment I saw you eating those strawberries.”

“Lady?” She laid her palm on the middle of his chest. “Isn’t that the title of some eighties’ song? How old are you?”

He wasn’t ready to discuss their ages just yet. Once he’d held her in his arms and made her forget every man that came before him, including a kiss he wanted to claim from her at midnight, then maybe he would tell her his age. “Dance with me first, and then I’ll tell you.”

“I like the way you think, Mister Mister,” she said with a giggle and joined him on the dance floor off to the side near one of the speakers.

“We’re going to talk in eighties’ song titles now?” He placed his hands on her waist, pulling her in tight.

Her arms came around his neck as she looked up at him. “I’m a child of the nineties, which can help you guess my age.” She pressed her mouth under his ear. “Not that I care how old you are.”

His pulse raced again, and his erection jutted the front of his pants. Swinging Jessica around in a circle, he tried putting some space between them, but she kept brushing against him.

She pressed her cheek to his shoulder. “You’re very nice.”

He didn’t want to be nice in her eyes. Nice was boring. He’d been too nice for too long.

He wanted her to find him sexy and daring. The way she snuggled up to him while they swayed unleashed a passion he hadn’t felt in years. He ached to set it free. Maybe Jessica would help him release this sudden fever. Lowering his face, he inhaled her floral scent.

She lifted her head with a drowsy-eyed stare aimed at him. “Are you sniffing my hair?”

“I plead the fifth.” He kissed the middle of her forehead.

“My mouth is here.” She pointed to a juicy lip he couldn’t wait to taste.

“I’m building up the anticipation for midnight.” He twirled her outward, enjoying her startled gasp, and then pulled her back in. She said something he didn’t catch and then pinched his side. He laughed and started to swing back around but caught sight of one of his guys dancing with his girlfriend.

He nodded at Chris Lockeheart who scowled in his direction. Finding it odd, he shrugged it off. Chris started to mouth something at him, but then his girlfriend drew him down for a kiss and cupped his ass.

Thinking his subordinate’s poor mood must be sexual frustration because of his girlfriend’s roaming hands and mouth, Doug turned back to the sensual woman in his arms.

Jessica peered up at him, more alert than before. She caressed his back with her nails, leaving pleasant tingles in her wake. “I just turned thirty-one on Christmas.”

No going back now. “I’m turning forty-five on February fourteenth.”

Her eyes widened, and he braced for her to chide him for their fourteen-year age gap. Instead, she hopped on her toes. “We’re both born on holidays! Another wonderful coincidence.”

“That’s all you have to say?” He clasped her by the hips, biting the inside of his cheek to stop from groaning when she rocked against him.

“What do you want me to say, Grandpa?” She skipped back and folded her arms behind her back.

Oh, so it’s going to be like that. Taking her for another spin as the slow tune changed to a faster beat, he claimed her mouth in a punishing kiss, proving he was far from being just nice or too old.

Blurb: Seven years ago, the once overweight Jessica Mulligan made a pact with her best friend that ended up changing her life for the better. Now sixty pounds lighter, Jessica’s self-confidence has soared, but her longtime firefighter crush still won’t notice her.

What she doesn’t count on is catching the eye of his boss, the much older and handsome Captain Douglass Finley, who thinks she’s perfect in so many ways…

Three years ago, Doug Finley’s life took a turn for the worse when his wife admitted to an affair with their next door neighbor. Other than the possibility of a promotion to Deputy Fire Commissioner, the only thing he looks forward to is weekends with his eleven-year-old daughter. With his forty-fifth birthday around the corner, his love life is in the toilet. The ritzy New Year’s Eve bash he has been roped into feels like torture, until he spies a vision of beauty eating chocolate covered strawberries like she’s making love to them…and all he can think about is making love to her.

When Jessica admits she never had an orgasm, he’s determined to give her the ultimate New Year’s fantasy she’ll never forget.

But can he convince her they belong together for longer than one night?

Source: http://ktgrnt.wordpress.com/2014/11/21/the-new-years-fantasy