katiebabs

Katiebabs Library of Books

Now I'm Paranoid. Must Check Amazon Account. Hopefully My Reviews Are All There.

Reblogged from TezMillerOz:

EDITED: "Public Reviews Written by You" Mine still seem to be here.

"Amazon deleted a bunch of my 5-star reviews. Why? They weren't from friends or sock puppets."

"Apparently you have to verify purchase of the book now before you leave a review. That's been going on for a few weeks now. Amazon can suck it. Seriously, they're nothing, but a problem anymore."

"It's because of reports of reviewer bullying. People have been reviewing books they haven't read and bashing them quite harshly. It happened to an anthology I was in on Amazon's site. So, to stop people from negatively reviewing books the only one you can review it now is if they know you purchased the book. They'll know by seeing your order history. It sucks 'cause I left reviews on Amazon from getting a free book from someone to review."

"This happened to me about a month ago. They wouldn't tell me much at all, and say the reviewers themselves need to contact Amazon to request that the reviews be reinstated."

"I would be happy if the bad ones were removed!! Haha. Only 5 star reviews have been removed though!"

"They won't remove 1-star reviews even if they are clearly trolls. This has happened to several authors I know. Very frustrating, to say the least."

"I've also had trolls from a particular forum upvote all my 1-star reviews, but Amazon doesn't seem to care."